*BONUS: Free employee housing through October 19th 2022*
Keep Yellowstone’s guests and employees safe. Join the Security team in Yellowstone National Park!
The Safety and Security Department patrol buildings and grounds to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions such as fires, theft, vandalism, etc. Additional responsibilities include: responding to medical emergencies, documentation of any violations of policies, rules and regulations, and writing reports. The guards are constantly on the move, and throughout the day they respond to a variety of issues that range from minor events to major emergencies. Learn more about the Security department.
Position Type: Seasonal
Wage: $15-$18/hr dependent on position
Start Date: April 2022-October 2022
Schedule: Varies – ~ 40+ hours per week – May include weekends, evenings and holidays
Location: Throughout Yellowstone National Park (Canyon, Grant, Lake, Mammoth, Old Faithful, Roosevelt)
Perks and Benefits
- Free In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities
- All meals provided at low cost including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($164.24 per two-week pay period + tax)
- Meals and housing costs are subject to change
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, entertainment, games, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
- Time and a half paid above 40 hours
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook!
See Yourself Here
Applicants for a Security job will be considered for the following positions, based on skill levels and business needs.
Safety and Security Manager (Positions Filled)
- Oversee the safety and security of all guests and employees; duties include (but not limited to) supervision; training, payroll, ordering supplies, audit security operations; performance evaulations, corrective documentation, working closely with location management and interviewing active employees.
Security Lead (Positions Filled)
- Patrol assigned buildings and grounds, responding to medical emergencies, observe, report and document any violations of policyies, rules and regulations, supporting the Safety and Security Manager as well as the Safety and Security Guards, computer skills a must.
Security Guards – positions available in Gardiner, MT, Old Faithful and Lake Area
- Patrol assigned buildings and grounds for potential safety/security risks, respond to all intrusion and fire alarms, observe, report, and document any violations of policies, rules, regulations, and laws, perform public safety and protective functions in a courteous and professional manner.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrate maturity, a professional demeanor, good judgment, diplomacy, objectivity, and sound conflict/crisis intervention and problem-solving skills for managing employee or guest complaints
- Be able to effectively perform duties in highly stressful or crisis situations and work under pressure without the loss of composu
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.