Purchasing Coordinator – Yellowstone National Park – Xanterra Travel Collection – Yellowstone National Park, WY
Join our team as the Purchasing Coordinator in Yellowstone National Park!
If you are a self-motivated individual that is interested in supply chain, accounting, and the operation of Yellowstone National Park, we have a position for you! We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to support our Purchasing Director with all administrative, purchasing and clerical workloads. Yellowstone stretches over 2.2 million acres with breathtaking scenery, amid steam, geysers, trout streams, magnificent wildlife and more all at your fingertips!
The Purchasing Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to support and assist the Purchasing Director in invoice processing, filling in with ordering functions when necessary, assisting with accounting reporting, and all other duties necessary to lead to the success of the Purchasing Department.
- Wage: $19/hour
- Position Type: 10 month seasonal. Ideally, working August 2022 – November 2022 and returning in February 2023
- Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week (During business hours Monday – Friday)
- Housing: Housing is not guaranteed for this position; employee may need to secure housing in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT
- Potential to work remotely 1-2 days per week
- Xanterra Travel Collection discounts
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
- Assists the Purchasing Director with all administrative, invoicing, and clerical workloads.
- Maintain and update all month-end reports for the accounting department and work with the corporate accounts payable department to ensure that invoices do not become past due.
- Organize, maintain, complete, and file all proper documentation of invoices and keep an accurate history available for any pricing inquiries.
- Coordinate and process all location fresh bread orders
- Responsible for accurately completing any receipt adjustments and ensuring that the warehouse locations are receiving invoices accurately into the operating system.
- Responsible for performing routine pricing checks to ensure that the vendors or suppliers are invoicing items at the correct dollar amount.
- Responsible for adjusting Sysco receiving invoices and communicating with the Sysco accounts receivable point of contact when there are inaccuracies on the invoice.
- Works closely with accounts payable to resolve billing issues and ensure that invoices do not become aging.
- Comply with Xanterra’s Environmental Management Systems (Ecologix) and look for ways to improve the impact your job has on the environment.
- Perform all office duties and special projects as needed.
- Ensure of a safe work area and comply with all safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain proper ergonomics when working at a desk/workstation during an eight-hour shift.
- Occasionally be able to stand/walk for a minimum eight-hour shift
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Prior administrative, inventory control and operational experience helpful
- Knowledge of basic accounting skills.
- Experience with Excel, Word, Outlook, FoodTrak/and or computerized purchasing and inventory tracking software.
- Organizational skills with ability to multi-task purchasing duties.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve, select a course of action and follow-up.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.