Join our team as the Park-Wide Fuel Systems Technician in Yellowstone National Park!
The Park-Wide Fuel Systems Technician is a full-time, year-round position located in Yellowstone National Park. This position reports directly to the Maintenance and Operations Manager – Facilities. This position is responsible for ensuring the proper operation and maintenance of all fuel monitoring, delivery and storage systems under Xanterra responsibility within Yellowstone National Park. If you have a passion for nature and want to be a part of a great Engineering Team, this may be a great opportunity for you!
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week
- Location: Mammoth area of Yellowstone National Park
- Housing: Company Housing – based on availability, employee may need to secure housing in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT
The Must Haves
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Strong technical reading, writing and organizational skills
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation
- Sick Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discounts
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
- Ensuring the safety, operation, repair, maintenance, and compliance of all LP, Diesel, and Gasoline Fuel Systems (containers, vaporizers, dispensers, piping, and pressure regulators) under Xanterra responsibility.
- Managing product storage using software such as WESROC and Veeder-Root systems and physical inspection.
- Coordinating fuel orders and delivery with location maintenance, contractors, and suppliers.
- Working with team to ensure proper operation of all fuel-related equipment (kitchen appliances, boilers, heaters).
- Developing and implementing preventive and corrective maintenance and quality assessments for all fuel systems.
- Ensuring all Fuel Systems meet or exceed, OSHA, CFR, NFPA (30, 54, 58), and all other applicable laws and codes.
- Performing and revising opening and closing procedures for all fuel systems and related components/equipment.
- Developing and delivering quality training for the proper operation and troubleshooting of Fuel Systems.
- Maintaining detailed maintenance records including labor and materials expended and document in the CMMS.
- Confirming that all installations and repairs meet current codes and industry standard specifications.
- Advising and coordinating long-range planning of projects and tasks with the Engineering management team.
- Reviewing construction plans and conducting inspections during installations.
- Coordinating with other departments, service contractors, consultants, MT/WY DEQ, and National Park Service.
- Supervising all fuel system line locates.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have or possess the ability to obtain within 60 days of employment:
- Propane Education and Research Council (PERC) Certified Employee Training Program (CETP) 1, 3, 4.2
- Line Locator certification
- Certification for Cathodic Protection Testing
- Montana and Wyoming DEQ UST/AST Class A/B Tank Operator
- OSHA 24-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- Working knowledge of relevant National Codes and OSHA.
- Knowledge of materials and equipment common to the trade and the use of test equipment.
- Must possess the analytical ability required to perform (for fuel related components) predictive, scheduled and emergency maintenance for all diesel and LP fired equipment and appliances.
- Strong technical reading, writing and organizational skills.
- Must be able to facilitate group training for safety, operation of equipment, and quality control.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess physical stamina and condition to withstand heavy labor related work in an outside environment.
- Must be able to stand, bend, kneel and crawl for consistent long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status