*BONUS: Free employee housing through October 19th 2022*
Put your problem-solving skills to work. Join the Maintenance & Engineering team in Yellowstone National Park!
The Engineering department is on the front end of a 20-year concessions contract with the National Park Service. Yellowstone National Park Lodges serves approximately 4 million visitors yearly, 3500 employees in park housing, 2000 guest rooms, and 1200 campsites. There are nearly 800 structures under our care throughout Yellowstone, including a new LEED Platinum dormitory and 2 National Historic Landmarks in the Old Faithful Inn and Lake Yellowstone Hotel. Learn more about the Maintenance and Engineering department.
Position Type: Seasonal
Wage: $17-22/hr dependent on experience and position
Season Dates: April 2022-October 2022
Schedule: Seasonal ~ 40 hours a week; may include weekends, evenings and holidays
Location: Throughout Yellowstone National Park (Canyon, Gardiner, Grant, Madison, Mammoth, Old Faithful, Roosevelt, Lake)
Perks & Benefits
- Free In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities
- All meals provided at low cost including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($164.24 per two-week pay period)
- Meals and housing costs are subject to change
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, entertainment, games, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
- Time and a half paid above 40 hours
Click here for more perks
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook!
See Yourself Here
Applicants for a Maintenance job will be considered for the following positions, based on skill levels and business needs. Please indicate which position(s) you are interested in:
Assistant Maintenance Manager (Positions Filled)
- Will assist Maintenance Manager with supervision, support, assigning and assisting with maintenance tasks.
Mechanical (HVAC) Technician
- Possess a working knowledge of HVAC system, Direct Digital Controls or have the aptitude required to quickly gain an understanding of HVAC control systems and common HVAC repairs and maintenance. Be proficient in the operation and use of equipment and tools common to HVAC trades.
Kitchen Equipment Technician
- Assure all components and infrastructures of commercial kitchens and HVAC equipment parkwide is maintained in good operating condition.
Fire Systems Technician
- Complete all planned and scheduled Fire Alarm and Fire sprinkler System work orders, ensuring quality of work, timeliness and cost-effectiveness.
- Operate, maintain, and repair of all boilers and boiler-related systems.
Beverage Technician (Positions Filled)
- Performs repair and maintenance for all Coca-Cola owned fountain systems in use at Xanterra owned facilities parkwide.
Laundry Maintenance Technician
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain industrial laundry equipment and the associated building mechanical and electrical systems.
- Candidates should have some sort of professional and/or educational training related to the position in which he/she is applying.
- Positions require that a candidate is at least 19 years old, has a valid U.S. driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Some positions require DOT Physical.
- Most positions require Respiratory Fit Testing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.