Join the Laundry team as the Laundry Manager! We are looking for an exceptional leader to steer our Laundry operations in Yellowstone National Park!
The Laundry Operations Manager directs industrial laundry operations through a team of managers and supervisors; ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while gaining maximum efficiencies of manpower, materials, and machines; ultimately responsible for 60 employees. Check out our Laundry operation here.
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Schedule:~40+ Hours Per Week
- Housing: Housing is not guaranteed for this position; employee may need to secure housing in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT
The Must Haves
- Minimum 3 years experience in industrial laundry setting
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory and/or management experience
- Valid driver’s license required
- Computer proficient; working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation
- Sick Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discounts
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
- Manage policy deployment in the areas of optimum plant performance techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations and visual controls.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Manage production requirements to increase per hour measures and reduce labor expense.
- Ensure compliance with cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at lowest possible cost.
- Identify and communicate capital investments and improvement projects and facilitate in implementation.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate data, files, and records on all aspects of the operation.
- Maintain accurate inventory information for linens and uniforms, including loss and damage, to facilitate replacement of needed items.
- Develop annual staffing guides and assist in developing annual labor budgets for the laundry operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in industrial laundry setting with CBW (tunnel) washers including supervisory and/or management experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge of washroom practices, and linen and garment finishing techniques and procedures; knowledge of chemicals, chemical wash formulas.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Planning: ability to perform short and long range planning.
- Budgeting: proven ability to read, understand, and facilitate in the development of budgets with keen awareness of fiscal responsibilities.
- Computer proficient; working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software, including:
- navigating local and network file systems,
- locating and creating network shortcuts,
- locating and saving files in designated locations with standardized file names,
- using Outlook to manage multiple e-mail accounts,
- using Word to create memoranda and manuals,
- using Excel to create spreadsheets and record tabular data.
- Basic mechanical aptitude, including machine operation and unjamming procedures, and the ability to perform emergency shutdown procedures.
- Knowledge of company and laundry policies and procedures helpful.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone Park and properties helpful.
- In park travel required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Standing, walking, reaching outward and above the shoulder for up to 3 hours per day.
- Repetitive motion of arms, wrist, and hands for up to 3 hours per day.
- Requires occasional climbing, crawling, and squatting/kneeling. Could total up to 3 hours per day.
- Must be able to occasionally lift items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally push or pull items weighing up to 400 pounds.
- Must be able to wear earplugs on a frequent basis. Could total up to 5 hours per day.
- Must be able to acclimate to a hot environment of 89° to 100°. Could total up to 7 hours per day.
- Must be able to work at a computer workstation up to 7 hours per day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.