Join our team as the Furniture Refinisher in Yellowstone National Park!
The Furniture Refinisher is responsible for the repair and refinishing of furniture used in the concession operation, and for completing all furniture renovation projects as assigned. This is a full-time, year-round position located in Yellowstone National Park and based out of the Gardiner, MT. This position reports directly to the Manager of Support Services. If you have a passion for nature and want to be a part of a great Engineering Team, this may be a great opportunity for you!
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Wage: $20.50-$21.00/hour
- Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week
- Location: Mammoth area of Yellowstone National Park
- Housing: Housing is not guaranteed for this position; employee may need to secure housing in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT
The Must Haves
- Journeyman level (minimum 3-5 years) experience as a furniture refinisher
- Proficient in the use of woodworking tools
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation
- Sick Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discounts
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
- Responsible for completing all upholstery projects (furniture, automotive and marine).
- Responsible for the miscellaneous repair of awnings, tarps, covers, bags, tents, etc. and for re-weaving and refurbishing of wicker, cane or rattan furniture.
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate supply of upholstery, special projects and furniture renovation supplies on hand for immediate use.
- Responsible for the fabrication of small in-house furniture projects such as dining room tray jacks, guest unit luggage racks, routed signs and picture frames.
- Responsible for the fabrication of specialty cabinetry; including but not limited to recycle cabinets, bus stands, gift shop displays and food and beverage condiment stands.
- As a part of the Support Services Departments and based on staffing as well as outside available help, this position may be asked to help out with furniture moving projects or function set ups and breakdowns as well as other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient in the use of commercial spraying equipment.
- Proficient in the fabrication of routed wooden signs.
- Proficient in the weaving and repair of wicker and cane furniture.
- Basic knowledge and skill level of methods, techniques and styling needed to upholster furniture, as well as automotive and marine pieces.
- Proficient in cabinet making skills and techniques.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks to assure quality finished products in a timely manner.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to be on feet for at least 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to push, pull and bend over materials on cutting tables and work surfaces.
- Must be able to push, pull and carry objects into and out of buildings as well as up and down stairs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.