Front Desk Receptionist Resume | Monster.com – Monster Jobs
Demonstrate your welcoming spirit—but also how you’re able to wear many hats, as companies are increasingly consolidating administrative tasks.
You’re a master of organization. Instinctively, you like to think logistically. At night, right before slumber, streams of color-coded Excel tables run through your mind’s eye. You’ve developed a healthy obsession with scheduling patterns and can remember your boss’s appointments off the top of your head. You’re also a people-person—with a sparkling smile and a special talent for bringing your co-workers together. All of this should appear in one form or another on your front desk receptionist resume. And we’ll show you how to do it.
The general idea is to be brief—don’t go over one page and keep those sentences tight and bright—but still pack in lots of relevant information to help hiring managers get to know you before they even meet you. Follow these best practices, so they don’t think twice about calling you for that interview:
- Write a receptionist resume objective or career summary that’s informative—with a dash of personality—and slap it up top.
- Highlight your strongest assets, skills, and accomplishments in administrative work.
- Avoid flowery language—and make every statement count.
- Ensure your content and formatting are simple and consistent.
- Give examples and don’t hold back from flaunting your achievements.
- Include any tech knowledge and precise keywords for the field you’re in.
Need more information on which front desk receptionist resume skills to include or how to write a compelling professional summary? Then review our sample front desk receptionist resume.
Front Desk Receptionist Resume
Scranton, PA 00000 | [email protected] | 555-555-5555
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST
Energetic and friendly receptionist with experience providing administrative support and customer service to clients and internal staff. Provides excellent customer service and builds relationships.
- Assists walk-in clients, schedules client appointments, answers phone lines, and helps clients with questions and issues.
- Supports managers with business documentation and professional demeanor at all times.
- Efficiently processes updated client information and payments into database.
- Prioritizes tasks while staying focused on several projects simultaneously; diligently follows up on outstanding items.
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintains a friendly, approachable style to build relationships and work harmoniously with others at all times.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Technology snapshot: MS Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Oracle Calendar, and Internet savvy.
Customer Service, Administrative Support, Time Management, Team Leader, Greeting Customers, Organizational Skills, Business Documentation, Scheduling / Calendaring, Relationship-Building, Ad Hoc Projects, Mail, Multitasking, Prioritizes Tasks & Projects, Written & Verbal Skills, Travel Coordination, Event Planning, Detail Oriented.
COMPANY ONE (Temp Agency), Scranton, PA | 20XX – 20XX
Administrative Assistant / Front Office Receptionist
- Worked at various companies needing administrative or receptionist support, such as customer service, scheduling, calendaring, answering phones, mail distribution, greeting customers, travel arrangements, and front office tasks.
- Assisted customers with questions or issues and escalated issues as needed.
- Collaborated with other team members on various projects and customer issues.
- Adept at scheduling appointments and business trips.
- Processed business documentation in a timely manner.
COMPANY TWO, Scranton, PA | 20XX – 20XX
- Handled the backstage operations of several radio shows, including preparing logs, checking transmitter readings, broadcasting programs, and operating various electronic equipment.
- Recorded and edited daily traffic segments for broadcast.
- Worked closely with team members to ensure all broadcasting programs ran smoothly.
- Adhered to all federal and state regulations.
COMPANY THREE, Scranton, PA | 20XX – 20XX
Front Office / Lead Receptionist
- Supervised 6 front office workers with training, scheduling, policies, procedures, and customer service.
- Efficiently handled scheduling, travel arrangements, logistics for events, business reports / documentation, customer service, greeting customers, mail distribution, answering phones, and other tasks for senior executives and managers.
- Gathered expense information and compiled accurate reports with documentation on a regular basis.
- Acted as the single point-of-contact for customer inquiries and provided timely responses.
- Maintained a high level of confidentiality in all employee relations and documentation.
- Researched and completed ad hoc projects for various departments by working cross functionally to gather information and prepare reports.
- Effectively planned heavy calendar management and scheduling of appointments for executives and managers.
Associate Degree, Communications, College One, Scranton, PA
Need a front desk receptionist resume sample PDF? You can download this front desk receptionist resume in Word and save the file as a PDF.
How about we get you some up-to-date pay data? According to Monster’s Salary Tools, the median pay for receptionists is $13.50 per hour, and that can range between $11.52 and $16.44. You can also get specific pay information for receptionists in your location by just typing in the job title and the city you’re in. Here are receptionist listings for high-demand job locations:
Not what you’re looking for? Then go ahead and check out all the front desk receptionist jobs available on Monster.
Maximize Your Value With Monster’s Front Desk Receptionist Resume
You know your worth, and we can help you achieve your career goals in administrative support roles in any office. But the best jobs—the ones that lead to long-term success—are highly competitive, and you need a front desk receptionist resume that will push you past all other candidates. To make that happen, we can have our certified resume experts do the heavy lifting. When you sign up, a professional resume writer will create an upgraded resume that accentuates your top skills, effectively presents your experience, and fully promotes your merits to get you the interviews you want.