Join our team as the Fire Sprinkler Systems Technician in Yellowstone National Park!
The Fire Sprinkler Systems Technician is a full-time, year-round position and is based out of the Fire Systems Cache in Gardiner, MT. This position is responsible for performing sprinkler systems maintenance, repair and testing throughout Yellowstone National Park. If you have a passion for nature and want to be a part of a great Engineering Team, this may be a great opportunity for you!
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week
- Location: Gardiner, MT
- Housing: Company housing is not provided for this position, but may be considered based on future availability. Employee will need to secure housing in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT
The Must Haves
- Valid Driver’s License, a clean driving record and the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be capable and willing to participate in the company’s respiratory protection program
- A National Institute of Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Fire Protection Technician Certification
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation
- Sick Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discounts
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
- Performing National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and National Park Service (NPS) – required inspections and testing of fire sprinkler systems in Xanterra-operated buildings located in the developed locations within Yellowstone National Park (Gardiner, Mammoth Hot Springs, Canyon Village, Old Faithful, Lake Yellowstone Area, Grant Village and Roosevelt Lodge).
- Reviewing contractor-provided designs for new sprinkler system installations to ensure NFPA standards and that the completed installation meets all code and contractual requirements.
- Overseeing contracted sprinkler system repair and maintenance work to ensure code, NPS and Xanterra requirements/standards and contractual requirements are satisfied.
- Coordinating fire system maintenance, repair, inspection and testing activities with Location Maintenance/Operations staffs and the National Park Service.
- Training seasonal Fire System Crew staff in proper sprinkler system repair, maintenance, inspection and testing procedures and practices.
- Remaining available and reachable outside of normal working hours as the “On-Call Fire Systems Technician”.
- Training Location Maintenance staff in basic sprinkler system principles, inspection and troubleshooting.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must possess A National Institute of Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Fire Protection Technician Certification (Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems – Level II or higher) or equivalent factory training.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Must have experience in the installation and maintenance of wet and dry fire sprinkler systems.
- Must have the ability to perform basic hydraulic sprinkler system calculations.
- Must possess knowledge of National Fire Protection Association codes applicable to the inspection, testing, maintenance and performance standards of fire alarm, fire sprinkler systems, and portable fire extinguishers.
- Must possess knowledge of and experience using the materials and equipment common to the trade.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and identify sprinkler system deficiencies, and then to determine proper corrective actions.
- Must possess basic personal computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software (particularly Outlook, Word and Excel). Must have the ability to input basic information into existing word and spreadsheet computer documents.
- Must be capable of lifting and moving objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Must possess the physical stamina to withstand heavy, labor-related work in an outside environment, including standing, bending, kneeling and crawling for extended period of time when required.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status